twitter

18 July, 2005

The Waome, Lake Muskoka

Dive Site Map, The Waome
Dive Site Map, The Waome,
originally uploaded by The Imp;-).
This past Sunday, I did two dives on the Waome, a single-screw steamer that sunk in a storm on October 6th, 1934. Three souls perished in the sinking, with the remainder of the crew managing to swim to a nearby island.

The water in Lake Muskoka is the colour of strong tea; tannin has leached into the water from the surrounding geography; any dive on the Waome needs to be treated as a night dive; bring your lights!

This map (which I hope is good enough) is for submitting with my Divemaster paperwork; this project one other I have completed. This leaves my medical signoff, two passport photos, and a 400 yrd swim! :-)

All. Most. Finished.

How am I going to celebrate? I would LIKE to stay dry for two weeks, but alas, I'm up to Toby next weekend... ;-)

Regards,

Imp;)

0 comments: