twitter

11 July, 2006

Let's take dorkiness to an entirely higher level...

Ok, I'm the first to admit that I am not in the best of shape. I sit at a desk, day in and day out, in cubeville, slurping unholy amounts of coffee and getting nowhere near enough exercise. To make things worse, I'm a chronic smoker... I tend to quit for four days and smoke for three. My arteries cry out in anguish each and every time I go near the cafeteria. The headset I wear probably will cause me a brain tumour.

In short, I'm your typical, gen X technology worker.

That being said, on the weekends I tend to wander the city, on foot, blade or bike. I may not be a paragon of virtue, but damnit, I make an effort once in a while (usually whenever I find myself having to contemplate the purchase of new pants).

So that all being said, does everyone else find the prospect of off-road Segways slightly ludicrous? We're now going to traipse out into the great outdoors... to stand on a machine to take us through it's wonders... this of course assumes that you do not move too far away from a power outlet for recharging...

Pfft. Mankind is doomed.

Regards,

Mark

*wanders off to get a refill on his coffee & danish. Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Sheena said...

I just like walking past all the geekoids busily thumbing their Blackberries while simultaneously rocking out to their Ipods and loudly lamenting the sudden rise in autism in the Canadian workplace.