twitter

21 August, 2006

Weekends are supposed to be Crazy-Busy, right?

Shooting people on the weekends is always a lot of fun, and certainly I think that I filled any conceivable quota on Friday and Saturday.

In all, I think that I took about 2000 images inside those two days. This is actually not as much fun as it sounds, as creativity can be quite draining at times… and certainly trying to get 6 women on the beach to focus was not an… easy(!) task. *grins*

The first shoot was on Friday (I've all long weekends, this month). A good friend of mine that I had worked with several times had asked that I refresh her portfolio for a magazine article that she has coming up. It was win/win really; on Friday Jennifer and the Makeup Artist (MUA) Giordana show up at my place and after 1.5 hrs in the make-up chair, we got started.

The first set was my backyard… I had refrained from cutting my lawn for a good three or four weeks to get the length that I wanted… and then we got started. I'm always going to be my own worst critic… but still and all, I was not unhappy with the shots that we got. :-) The red-hair makes a great contrast with the lush verdant green tone of the grass.

After a decent (though rushed!) lunch, we went down to a local lounge to shoot the second set. We had the place from about 1 pm to 4:30 pm, as they didn't open up until 5:00. It worked out well, though I could certainly tell that I need to get a softbox in addition to the umbrellas that I'm using.

We finished off right on time, and called it a day. I was exhausted and I'm sure that Jenn wasn't as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as she would no-doubt claim. I'm sure she's doing much better now though as her bfriend from England is in town (finally!) for the summer. :-) She has simply got to get moved over there or vice-versa. Long distance relationships tend to be hell on people.


Saturday dawned cloudy… and getting up at 7:00 on a Saturday seem to be a form of barbarism that I hope to avoid as much as possible, in my life. I loaded up the gear and headed down to the Beach, where I was to meet Amelia (friend), Andrea (the bride), and the rest of the platoon gaggle coven… er, rest of the Bridesmaids. ;-)

Just kidding! They were all very nice, and very easy to work with, if a bit distracted. Getting six people going in the same direction regardless of if they are girls or guys is an accomplishment, at any rate.

Running around, all over the beach, climbing on rocks, and shooting about 1300 photos that day… exhausting work. Sunday, I slept. In. And then did nothing. Blessed, wonderful nothing. :-)


Ciao beautiful peeps; go out and play in the sunshine.


0 comments: