twitter

17 April, 2006

There's not much to do in Hamilton, ON...

Starfighter
Starfighter,
originally uploaded by The Imp;-).
... but there is the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.

I was bored today on my last heavenly day off from work... and so in the morning, I took my dive gear out to Oshawa to be serviced (my dive shop being out there means that they are about 40% cheaper than Toronto).

On the drive back, I thought wth, I'll just take the 403 out to Hamilton and stop in and see the warplane museum; a stop I had been meaning to make for some time. Hey, who ever goes to Hamilton on _purpose_? ;) I mean, it's where Sheila Copps lives...

Lovely museum though. I highly recommend it. In addtion to a number of fairly pedestrian warbids like the Starfighter and ubiquitous Spitfire and Hurricane, they have an Avro Lancaster bomber. In flying condition.

In all the world, there is only two of those, and one of them is only an hours' drive down the road. Go for road-trip at some point, eh? ;)

Ciao,

/\/\ark

0 comments: