twitter

06 April, 2006

And now that spring is here...

IMG_0612
IMG_0612,
originally uploaded by The Imp;-).
...it is bloody well past time to get the camera out more often. Or, this whole 'work' thing keeps getting in the way of my life. ;)

In all serious though, the good thing about Quarter End Hell (March flavour) is that you wake up in April, and are amazed that winter has dissapeared without you noticing. This is a Very Good Thing™.

Now that the weather is nice (ok, at least NOT horrid), it is time to find someone that wants to get their picture taken. A lot.
Weekend model shoots are all well and good (I have one scheduled for Sunday), but what I really need at this point is a muse... someone to photograph over an extended period of time, and running the whole gamut of photography. Portrait, Glamour, Outdoor, Indoor, Artistic Nudes, Pin-Up, Themes. I need to push the photography skills and I think that having a single subject would help to force me to do that.
So far, three possibles have applied... we'll see if there are any more by the end of the week. :-)

Off to try and salvage the day... two hour con-call in the AM for something not remotely applicable to my job, attendence manditory. :-\ Cry havok and let slip the dogs of Marketing... *sob*

Ciao, /\/\.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did your photography show go? I really like those underwater pictures!
The only thing I am passable at, is landscape pictures. If you'd like to have a look:at my Rocky Mountains pictures (several side shows): http://spaces.msn.com/anjacb1/

Sheena said...

Is the show over? I seem to remember a one week extension was a posssibility.

I have some New Yorkers and Atlantians I might have to entertain this week in YYZ.

Mark Turuk said...

The show is going well... I sold 4 of 17, but given that is a huge niche... it's not surprising. I'm happy with the result. :-)

Actually, I'm extended to the end of April, as the guy that was coming behind me just wasn't ready. :-D So if you want to meet up for a pint Sheena... just say when.

Mark :)

Mark Turuk said...

Nice shots Taphien... how is the adjustment to Canada coming along? :-)