twitter

20 April, 2006

by gawd, I love my hobbies...

Why on earth I didn't start doing this back when I was 18, I'll never know... Oh wait, it was because I was flat broke, just off the farm and only had a Kodak Disc camera... ;-)

This photograph is from a shoot that I did last night, at Spectrum Studios... a photography studio in Toronto that offers workshops as well as monthly shoots where they take care of everything organizational... just bring your camera gear. So instead of you spending weeks trying to find marginal amateur 'models' to photograph, and trusting them to do their own makeup, and actually showing up, you can jump right in and photograph to your heart's content... well, within the parameters of the time restraints as you ARE shooting with up to five other photogs. Price isn't bad... four hours for about $150.00 CDN, two models, three looks each. I ended up with about 400 images, of which this is arguably the best.

One of the fringe benefits is when you start shooting, it is outside, along the street leading into the Don Valley Parkway off Queen Street. It is vastly amusing to see the double-takes, almost-traffic-accidents, and general pedestrian oogling. My gawd people, haven't you ever seen a photo-shoot before? ;-)

I'm hopefully going to be shooting on a more-regular basis, outside of a studio... I've spend some considerable time scoping out suitable outdoor locations, and I have a few models lined up that want to work on their porfolio content.

It's shaping up to be a great spring. :-)

Regards,

/\/\.
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Quilly_Mammoth said...

The wife says....
You should get married.

Mark Turuk said...

Why would she say something silly like that? ;)

Say high to Mrs. QM for me. And hello yourself of course.

LibertyCon?

Anonymous said...

Hah! I didn't say that at all, that sneaky mammoth! Although, it is a good idea. ;-)

Sheena said...

On some other site, we've been dissecting the recent trend toward very ugly Sun Girls, and the Toronto Sun Girls in particular seem to have adopted a nasty gimmick of wearing naval piercings which look disturbingly like dribble marks from unmentionable activities. Go look for yourselves.

I hope you photographer types work to change this very unappetizing trend.

Sheena said...

navel piercings.
Sigh. Mea culpa.