twitter

18 December, 2005

Shooting Pretty Girls...

... and other fun things to do on a Sunday Afternoon. :-)

Over the past few weeks I've being paying more attention to shooting more than just the usual scuba diving photos. A good friend in Toronto has been shooting her friends for some time, and invited me along. It was only fair I suspect, since she wanted to use most of my lighting gear and even a lens or two.

The model was a girl named Andrea, and though she's not doing any modelling nowadays, she used to. Now she's a stay at home mum and does the odd Makeup Artist gig. It was a good afternoon, but it's very aparent that with two photographers, we needed one more model at least... maybe even two more, so they could take breaks. Still and all, I'm starting to get some decent results. I would like to figure out how to make some of the space in my house more ammenable to shooting, but unfortunately it's one of those houses that are very narrow and very long. :-
Ah well, guess I'll have to go rent a studio in January. :-D

Ciao,

Mark :)
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Quilly_Mammoth said...

Exactly how much space do you need to shoot pretty girls?

Mark Turuk said...

Somewhat more than what I have. :-)

A 'wide' lens, is something less than 50mm... however, when you shoot with a wide lens, it tends to exagerate / deform the body parts of the people that you are shooting. Ideally, you use a 'long' lens, something in the 70-100mm range. Great for shooting people and keeping proportion to their body and body parts, but you need to get further away from them.

This is the primary issue that I ran into at your wedding. I needed a lens that was in the 24-70 range, however all that I had was a 17-40. :-\

I wish we could re-do those photos... I have a MUCH better clue now, and proper lighting equipment to do formal portraits after the fact. :-)

Hope all is well. What park of OK are y'all in? I was thinking about doing a summer drive to the S.W...