twitter

30 May, 2005

100th dive!

I had a great weekend. I'm a fairly avid scuba diver... and I hit a minor milestone on Sunday... my 100th dive!

The weather was nice, so me and my dive buddy de jour, (a cute lass named Hila) decided to go and dive the J.C. Morrison, a paddle-wheel steamer that sunk in 1854 off of Barrie, Ontario.
Viz was decent at about 30 ft, except where an Open Water class had been doing their thing (braille diving, anyone?). Water temp was 45f. That sounds colder than it is... you get used to the temps very quickly. Diving with a 7mm + 7mm hooded vest also helps. ;-) Mind you, you feel like you're the Michelin Man!


I start my Divemaster course this weekend... that is the first 'professional' rating that you can get through my certifying agency. Eventually, I hope to be a scuba instructor on the side... a great way to keep busy, and meet new people!

Regards,

Imp;-)

0 comments: