twitter

19 April, 2010

Spring in Toronto


Well, at least, spring in High Park.

On the western edge of High Park, you can find a grove of cherry trees that blossom every year, if on a vastly smaller scale than their Japanese progenitors.

The trees were a gift from the Japanese embassy in 1959; more information can be found at the High Park website.

This past Saturday, I got up bright and early and headed over via transit. It was a good thing that I started as early as I did as the weather turned increasingly blustery, ending the excursion with rain, wind and sleet.

One of the projects that I have been playing with is making tilt-shift and tilt-shift / stop-motion images and videos. This sort of explains why I've not been posting a whole lot lately.

In effect, while I have been shooting a lot, it's mostly just 'stock' images, as I need themes and stories to work the videos and images into. It's been a great learning experience.

Which is the polite way of saying, it's been frustrating as all bloody hell. ;-) Most of the challenges have been technical in nature, and I've mostly got them ironed out, but I will state that still image editing and video editing are areas that have their own unique skills, applications and (most annoyingly) languages. If you started off speaking Photoshop and are learning Sony Vegas... frustration.

Anyhow, give me a week or so and I'll hopefully have something posted from the Cherry Blossom Shoot; until then you'll have to make do with the still capture from my iPhone. :-)

Regards,

Mark

0 comments: