twitter

19 April, 2010

ginger / garlic veal in oyster sauce

The last couple of years I've spent more and more time cooking food at home as opposed to buying take-away or eating at a restaurant.

On the downside, I've had to do a heck of a lot more dishes, and I'm one of only 22,348 people in N. America that doesn't own a dishwasher.

However on the upside, I've started to experiment with different ingredients that I didn't grow up with and would never have used. Ginger on the prairie was generally conceded to the softdrink aisle, after all.

Brown some veal scallopini or stir-fry beef, add some fresh ginger, sliced thin, sauteed in a little oil with some garlic, let simmer in oyster or teryaki sauce for 20 minutes or so.

Slather over a bed of rice or other carb of your personal preference.

It's like chinese food, but using better ingredients than I normally see when it's delivered, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Mmmm, and Regards,

Mark

0 comments: