twitter

03 July, 2007

Happy B-Day wishes...

And it's belated (yes, I feel like an @ss) birthday wishes to Sheena, Queen of DOCS.

I've known Sheena now for ... gawd, over 8 years now. It just FEELS like more. Many, many more...

*does shot of tequila, thinks about it, does another shot of tequila*


What I've learned from Sheena, over the years:

1) Life is too short to surround yourself with ugly shit.
2) High-end brand-name goods have their own unique charm and shouldn't be thrown away, even if they are broken and hidden in the back of your closet.
3) When you're going through a monetarily-challenged phase of your life, almost nobody will know that the stuff you pick up in a NYC alleyway is not real haute-couture.
4) Vegas and Glocks; not just for the police, anymore.
5) Friends don't let friends buy expensive sun-glasses, they get Harry Rosen to personally write you an email to berate your fashion sense.
6) Hong Kong on Remembrance Day... props girl... this alone would make you a minor-goddess, even if nothing else did.
7) Cult followings are a fashion accessory, use them accordingly.
8) You never can find too many uses for whole-roast suckling pig.
9) CN Rail and the dummy corporations used to track graffiti all over North America.
10) Good top-ten lists are harder to write than it would initially appear.

Happy Birthday Sheena; am I forgiven for not sending you a card?

Regards,

Impious One.

6 comments:

Sheena said...

Forgiven, dear Imp, forgiven.

But you forgot one thing I taught you: How to calculate the velocity of a beer can chucked from an 11th floor hotel room and the rate at which it explodes as it hits the lobby floor.

Mark Turuk said...

OMFG, how did I miss that one?

Another addendum:

11) It is possible to lose upwards of a dozen cell-phones inside of an 8 year time-frame and still have the company replace them.

Sheena said...

As I just informed the Cheek, I've decided that henceforth, one day is not enough.

Let this be the inaugural Sheenada Day weekend.

CheekierMeSly said...

Cheek concurrence. I tried to join the tide of the Beer Garden Queens years back, but alas, I was a single time offender. Here's to repeat offending in 2008!

And sexy imp, me begs to differ; your snap is a classic. Sheena displayed said finger upon my surprise arrival, deeming me loudly a bitch and Evita an effing bitch. Sheena likes to be the one pulling one over vs. being pulled one over upon. That didn't come out right. I think all that Canadian beer is still flowing in me from Sunday.

Are you in next year, Imp?

Mark Turuk said...

How can I possibly be in next year divine Cheek?

Tradition would have it a two-breast minimum... ;) At least a b(eer) cup?

Sheena said...

Some of us have Seashells... some of us have B-shells...