twitter

31 January, 2006

Calm

Calm
Calm,
originally uploaded by The Imp;-).
What a week! (and it's only Tuesday!)

Tonight is scotch-night (www.thequaich.com), last night I ripped apart my computer and installed a DVD burner, tomorrow is coffee with a friend, I have about 1200 photos from the past Saturday to process and work isn't exactly getting any slower either! Man, I need to win the lottery; real life keeps interrupting the stuff that I love to do... ;-)

For the past three years or so, my computer has served me well... though they has had their own quirks and idiosyncrasies, on the whole I have to say that I'm happy with Dell.
I've done incremental upgrades over the years though... bumped up the RAM to 1 gig, added a secondary storage hard-drive, and put in a beefy 256 mb video card. The one major deficiency continued to be the fact that I had a CD burner and not a DVD burner. This became especially apparent once I started shooting with a digital SLR camera... when your raw files are about 7 meg each, you lose space quickly!
And so, off to Tigerdirect.ca I went, and for the reasonable cost of about $60.00, I had an NEC DVD+-RW DL ... you name it, it can burn it! \/\/007! What this of course now means, is that I'm going to have to spend a day this weekend patiently burning DVD backups of my storage drive, to free up some room. Much cheaper than buying a RAID system. :)

Scotch Night... I have belonged to a single-malt whiskey appreciation society for about 6 or 7 years now, call the Companions of the Quaich... normally, we meet once a month at The Ontario Club of Canada where we taste three different scotches that normally do not make it to North America... independent bottlings and the like. Thankfully this is done in between courses of a full meal, so you can avoid the possibility of losing your license, if you are fool enough to drive! :-) Tonight is the Robbie Burns Night dinner and tasting, so we can look forward to having haggis and Scottish poetry to go with our drams... :-)

Finally, as you can see from the previous post, I have a shwack of photos to get through, and find the keepers from the shoot, but that may have to wait a bit. I'm getting behind the 8-ball when it comes to getting my first photography show off the ground! Yes, that's right, on March 4th, 15 of my scuba prints will be on the walls at a local tappas lounge... I'm going to be selling them at cost; this is a test-the-market type of event for me. :) Still and all, I'm quite excited to see what some of my shark photos are going to look like in a 16"x20" format!

So, yeah, I need a little bit of calm in my life right now... but what the hell, life is meant to be lived, right? :)

Ciao,

/\/\4rK

0 comments: