twitter

03 May, 2010

You can never go wrong with waffles... mmmm waffles.

I seem to have a dueling-aromas thing going on with the downstairs neighbors; I don't know what he and his girlfriend were cooking for supper the other night, but I'm pretty sure 'food of the gods' was involved. That being said, I'm pretty sure I've got him beat on the morning shift as the buttery-vanilla goodness of these waffles is impossible to ignore.

About every two weeks or so, I make up a batch, most of which find their way into the freezer. These crisp up nicely in the toaster, so it's a great way to avoid the tastes-like-cardboard Eggo variety.

I use a recipe from BigOven, which involves mixing up most of the ingredients the night before, and letting yeast-ferment on your kitchen counter. The total prep-time is about 5-7 minutes.

If you own a cat, make sure you have cat-proofed your container. This is the most crucial step. Trust me. ;-)

For best results, use maple syrup; none of that flavoured corn-syrup stuff. *shudder*



Mmmm.  Breakfast. (in my defence, most of these are going in the freezer).

2 comments:

HDM said...

Very nice and very interesting topic.
You could see Realistic One

ankit said...


It is a very nice article on that topic. I was looking for something like which is interesting and knowledgeable. Do you know that Agrawal Construction Company has the most amazing townships, especially Best Builders In Bhopal, with the name Sagar Green Hills. It is located in the lap of nature.