twitter

27 June, 2007

Damn Yankees, you've started yet another foreign war...

When I head south, I tend to head pretty far south, with TN being on the northern-edge of the range and Florida being the southern side. Hey, how much time does anybody really want to spend in Ohio? Pfffft. Speed-trap capital of the world.

There are a few things that I've grown to love over the years, from my trips to The South. My top-5 list would include:

  • the accent of every woman from South-Carolina that I have ever spoken with (there is just something about that accent...)
  • road-side BBQ. In Texas. Ok, there was some in Missouri that was pretty freakin' great too.
  • socio-centric worldviews, and the debates that ensue. ;-)
  • class 3 gun-ranges.
  • watered-down Yankee beer means being able to drink anyone under the table. Well, maybe not Greg, but he brews his own and trains constantly.

But the absolute number-one contribution of the United States of Yankee-dom to world civilization has to be, brewed ice-tea. Or Iced-Tea. Or Sweet-Tea. Whatever.

The Canuck version of Ice-Tea is flavoured-sugar dissolved in water... sickly sweet and not without some unique charm... but!!! It isn't what I have come to love. And so, I have started to brew ice-tea by the gallon, to take to work so I don't have to drink water all day long.

For the past two days in a row, someone has started to misappropriate my ice-tea from the clearly-labeled pitcher in the fridge.

It is time and past-time to declare war on the miscreant(s). I'm thinking about setting up a security camera to catch them red-handed, damnit.