twitter

02 April, 2007

Day 1.

Day 1 of the new job.

This is a fun, small company, but I'm obviously going to be 'drinking through the firehose' for a while, learning new things and getting ramped up.

There are about 35 people here... most all in their late 20's to mid 30's.

Far too many golf fanatics *shudder*.

Equipment is all nice, new shiny dell stuff... laptops and flatscreens. Because of the heavy growth model that they've been under, no hand-me-downs, thank goodness. :)

I'm doing the usual week one, fun and games... sit in every single meeting I can, take copious notes, and learn by osmosis.

My patch is different from what we first discussed... Canadian Legal and S.E. US Healthcare. Accounts in Miami, yay! ;-)

Here, unlike the last job, the sales processes are not designed to placate a psychotic triumvirate of anti-sales executives.

First thing I was handed was The New Solution Selling.

Ciao beautiful peeps; go out and make Ayn Rand proud. ;-)

Mark

4 comments:

CheekierMeSly said...

Hats off, Imp, on the new gig. If the job brings you to Atlanta, do look me up! Or do you only show here for the great people watching during DragonCon?

Mark Turuk said...

Hey! :-)

Though my patch does indeed include Atlanta, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be getting any good travel in, outside of the standard industry trade shows... which are in Orlando.

Dragon*Con is probably not going to happen for me this year, though it's a bit early to say. :(

Still and all, I promise the next time that I hit Atlanta, I'll look you up (and go visit the whale-sharks) :)

Ciao mon ami.

Quilly_Mammoth said...

My first thoughts were that you were going to get to go to DragonCOn. Oh well, at least there are interesting things to photo in Miami. And we _expect_ to see them.

And how does it feel to be working around young people??

G,D&Rrrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

I thought the whale sharks died...

Congrats Imp.