10) It's April 24th, and yes it's snowing. WTF?
9) Nothing, absolutely nothing beats home-cooking to the extent that if you ask, they can tell you what the animal's name was, that you are currently eating… all organic, all the time. Incredibly tasty.
8) Helping to pull a calf… ah, the glamour of the farm.
Everyone thanks you 3M, for the giant plastic gloves that go up to your shoulders.
7) Setting up two 65+ yr olds with their first ever computer.
6) … and teaching them how to use the internet.
5) … on dial-up, 'cause that's all that is available out there.
They both ended up doing great, but I had to use a lot of analogies to get across the essential concepts. "Visualize the dial-up connection as a garden hose, and you have to fill a barrel with water... "
4) Going to a very rural, very evangelical church on Sunday.
3) Having it explained to me that Steve Irwin died because he spent too much time exploring non-christian cultures and not enough time exploring his personal relationship with Christ. The sting-ray was "A Divine Instrument of God's Will." Can I get an Amen?
2) Having to drive about 2 miles to get to the top of the closest 'hill' in order to get a very-intermittent 1 of 5 bars on my cell phone reception meter.
1) Wheels up, en-route back to YYZ, and having my first beer in 5 days. Ahhhhhh.